March 6 - April 21
We will be joining with Joyful Spirit Lutheran Church for many combined Lenten opportunities. Some will be out of the ordinary like a pool party. Many will center around the 14 Stations of the Cross with a modern visual image. We hope these will enrich your journey through Lent and connect you with community.
March 6: Ash Wednesday Service at 7:30 pm
March 10: Remember Your Baptism Pool Party from 6:30-8:30 pm
March 13: Lenten Prayer: From Darkness to Light at 7:30 pm
March 20: Lenten Prayer: From Darkness to Light at 7:30 pm
- Both congregations will gather at New Life
- Journey through the Stations of the Cross 8-14 followed by conversation
- These stations feature a modern visual image to the story of Jesus’ last day.
- Pastor Dave will lead
March 24: Pulpit Swap
- New Life will welcome Pastor Dave for both the 8:15 and 10:15 am services
Week of March 24-31: Lenten Photos: Images of Hope and Light
- This focuses on the hope and light we see in our world today.
- Everyone is invited to share their photos based on pre-determined topics.
- Topics will be announced on Facebook during that week.
April 3: Drink ‘N’ the Word: Lenten Bible study on the Passion at 7:30 pm
- Both congregations will gather at The Nest located in the Bolingbrook Golf Club.
- Food and drink are available for purchase, optional.
April 13: Lenten Blessing: Area “Stations” at 9:30 am
- Collecting items ahead of time to be used in goodie baskets
- Both congregations will be gathering at Joyful Spirit to assemble goodie baskets and bags.
- These will be used to bless all the shifts at the 5 Bolingbrook fire stations and every Bolingbrook police officer.
- After assembling, we will be delivering to stations.
April 14: Palm Sunday Cantata at both services
- Confirmation youth will be packing food baskets to bless families in the community
April 18: Maundy Thursday at 7:30 pm
April 19: Good Friday at 7:30 pm
April 20: Annual Easter Egg Hunt at 11:30 am
April 21: Easter Sunday
- Sunrise service at 6:30 am
- Additional services at 8:15 and 10:15 am
- High School Youth hosting Pancake Breakfast with free will offering from 7:15-10:15 am